There is something wrong with this recipe.
You probably already noticed it. I realized it mid-editing. It’s very upsetting.
There’s no FRUIT! None. Not even a single solitary raisin.
I’m incredibly sorry.
But we have such a good crispy crunchy vibe going here, I just couldn’t squelch it with dates blended in. Dates need to stay where they belong: in rawnola. Sorry dates.
Someone asked for crispy oil-free granola, so it had to be done. But don’t worry, this Easy Oil-Free Granola is fruit’s best friend. On top of a fruit smoothie. With dried fruit stirred in. Layered in a fruity chia parfait. See, they are best buds always hanging together.
This is my favorite granola for many reasons…
1) It’s easy. Like 4 ingredient one-bowl easy.
2) It’s SUPER cluster-y.
3) The brown rice crisps make it reminiscent of a rice crispy treat…sorta.
4) It’s customizable. There is a wild card 1/4 cup in the recipe that can be filled with any dry ingredient you like. Quinoa, seeds, nuts, coconut, buckwheat groats, dried mulberries, cereal, etc. You can also add in different spices or cacao or maca or other flavorful powders. Mix it up!
Just make sure you keep the ratio the same: 3 cups dry ingredients to 1/2 cup liquid sweetener.
I usually use maple syrup as the sweetener because it keeps things super crispy. You can use other liquid sweeteners (date syrup, coconut nectar, Bee Free Honee, agave nectar, brown rice syrup, etc.) but I can’t guarantee quite as crispy a result because I haven’t tested them all yet.The easiest oil-free granola loaded with crunchy clusters! #veganClick To Tweet
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup of whatever dry ingredient you love (nuts, seeds, cereal, coconut, quinoa, buckwheat, etc.)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (+1 more tablespoon for extra clusters)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir to evenly coat all the dry ingredients.
- Spread on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press it into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 10 mins at 375F until the edges are just staring to brown. Do not stir it.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool for at least 30 mins before stirring or moving or touching.
- Then break apart into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 64mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g